Order Theory Parent Handout Discussion
Throughout this course, you will be creating a series of parent handouts focused on the various ages and stages of development. Since the first week of class discusses developmental theories, this will also be the focus of your Week 1 parent handout. For this assignment, you will use the attached PowerPoint template. You will only need to complete the slides for Week 1.
· Review Chapter 1: History, Theory, and Research Strategies
· Read Needing to KnowLinks to an external site.
· Read On Listening to What the Children SayLinks to an external site.
· You are required to use the Parent Handout Download Parent Handout template for this assignment.
Using the template, complete the following:
Order Theory Parent Handout Discussion
· Define theory in terms families could understand.
· Explain two developmental theories that will drive your work with young children.
· Discuss the connection between your chosen theories and using developmentally appropriate practice to support your work with young children.
· Explain three resources for families to help them understand your chosen theories.Be sure to include a link to each resource.
· One resource should be a quick read for families on the go.
· One resource should be more detailed for families who want to learn more.
· One resource should be user-friendly for diverse families (e.g., ELL, single parents, grandparents raising grandchildren, etc.).
· Discuss why it is important for you to help families understand developmental theory.
· Explain why it is important to research and theorize about childhood.
· Describe how your stance on theory will evolve over the next five years.
The Theory Parent Handout paper
· Must be three pages in length and formatted according to template.
· Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice Links to an external site. resource for additional guidance.
· Must use at least two scholarly sources in addition to the course text. These scholarly resources should be different than the resources provided for families. Must follow APA Style Links to an external site. as outlined in the Writing Center.
· The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources Links to an external site. table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
· To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, view the Quick and Easy Library Research Links to an external site. tutorial, which introduces the University of Arizona Global Campus Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more