Order Personal Development Plan Assignment
One of the tests of leadership is the ability to recognize a problem before it becomes an emergena;.
– Arnold H. Glasow
Learning Objectives By t he end of this cha pter, you will be able to do t he following: 1. Design your own personal developmental plan that ad·
dresses how you can continually learn and grow in the next year, how you can do better in the future. how you can avoid performance problems faced in the past. and where you are now and where you would like to be in terms of your ca reer path.
2. Formulate a developmental plan so you can improve your own reflective, communicative, and behavioral ca reer competencies.
3. Prepa re a developmental plan that includes professional development needs, resources/support needed, and a ti meline for meeting each need with the goals of improving performance in current position, sustaining performance in current position. preparing employees for advancement . and enriching the employee’s work experience.
4. Produce a development plan that includes a range of activities (e.g .. on-the-job training, courses. self-guided studying, mentoring. attending a conference or trade show. mixing with the best. job rotation. getting a degree).
5. Propose a developmental plan that highlights the key role of the supervisor as a guide and facilitator of the devel- opmental process (e.g., explaining what is required of the employee to reach a required performance level. referring to appropriate developmental activiti es. reviewing and making suggestions about developmental objectives).
6. Implement a multisource (i.e .. supervisors. peers. self, di- rect reports. customers) feedback system with the goal of providing feedback on and improving performance.
7. Implement multisource feedback systems t hat takes ad- vantage of all of its benefits (e.g .• increased awareness of expectations. improved performance, reduced ” undis- cussables” and defensiveness).
8. Implement multisource feedback systems that minimize potential risks and pitfalls (e.g .• could hurt employees’ feel· ings. individuals may feel uncomfortable with the system and believe they will not be rated honesHy and treated fairly, is un· likely to work well in organizations that have highly hierarchical cultures that do not support open and honest feedback).
Order Personal Development Plan Assignment
226 Part Ill Employee and Leadership Development
Part I of this text described strategic and macro-organizational issues in designing a performance management system. Part II described operational and technical details on how to roll out and implement the system. As is mentioned throughout this book, employee development is a key result of state-of-the-science performance management systems. Accordingly, Part III incl udes two chapters dealing with developmental issues and pertains to two key stakeholders in the developmental process: (1) the employees of the organization, who are improving their own performance, and (2) the managers (i.e., performance management leaders), who g uide and facilita te the process of employee development for their direct reports so that it can successfully occur. Development planning is a joint activity entered into by both the employee and the manager. This chapter addresses how to use a performance management system to help employees develop and improve their performance. Chapter 9 add resses the leadership skills needed by managers so that they can best manage the performance of their employees. Let us begin this chapter by discussing personal developmental plans.
8-1 PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT PLANS Personal development plans specify courses of action to be taken to improve performance. Also, achieving the goals stated in the development plan allows employees to keep abreast of changes in their field or profession. Such plans highlight an employee’s strengths and the areas in need of development, and they provide an action plan to improve in areas of weaknesses and further develop areas of strength.1 In a nutshell, personal development plans allow employees to answer the following questions:
• How can I continually learn and grow in the next year? • How can I do better in the future? • How can I avoid performance problems faced in the past? • Where am I now and where would I like to be in terms of m y career path?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more