Order Microorganism Profile Assignment
1. Description of the Microorganism (week 1) Write a paragraph describing your organism. Please be sure to include the type of organism (bacterial, viral, fungal, protozoa, helminth, etc), morphology (shape, arrangement, colony morphology if applicable), description of structure (gram result, type of nucleic acid or virion structure, spore type, etc if applicable) and also the type of microscope and/or stain you would use to view the organism. Please use proper scientific terminology and good grammar and sentence structure throughout this project.
2. Virulence Factors Include a paragraph on the virulence factors the pathogen has and how they affect the host. Please enhance this with detailed explanations of the virulence factors and how they affect the host as you gain a better understanding of them throughout the semester.
3. Immunity Which innate and/or adaptive defenses protect us from infection by this bacterium? Does this pathogen induce a specific type of immune response (example: delayed-type hypersensitivity)? If so, which one(s)?
4. Pathology (Infectious Disease Information)
What condition(s) or infectious disease(s) does it cause? Which tissues or organs are affected, and how are they affected (for example, chronic TB is characterized by lung tubercles)? Describe the complications that can result if the infection is left untreated. Are these acute, chronic, or latent infections? What organ system(s) does it infect? Is it an opportunistic pathogen? If so, where is it normally found in the body?
Order Microorganism Profile Assignment
5. Epidemiology Draw and label a diagram on how this organism is transmitted. Make sure you include the reservoirs of infection, any vectors if involved in transmission, the type of transmission, and portals of entry and exit.
6. Prevention Is there a childhood vaccine against this microbe? Name of vaccine If so, when is it administered (the recommended schedule, including boosters if recommended)? If the vaccine is not recommended during childhood, which at-risk group should get the vaccine, and when? Describe the type of vaccine and how it works : If there is no vaccine available, list at least three measures the can be implemented to prevent people from acquiring this infection.
7. Treatment Chemotherapeutic agents: antibiotic or antiviral etc. used to treat. Mechanism of action for these chemotherapeutic agents. Why is this agent efficacious against this particular organism ? Additional therapeutic agents or practices.
If there is no treatment specific for your organism what measures are take?
8. Clinical relevance Are there any MDR (multi-drug resistant) strains of this microorganism? If so, name the strain(s) Is this strain a known healthcare-associated pathogen?
Which persons/procedures within a clinical or healthcare-assisted setting are particularly at risk
Which antibiotics are used against the multi-drug resistant strains? Be specific
Include at least 4 APA style references (scientifically appropriate credible resources) that show where you found the information in this microorganism profile.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more