Order Gender Roles Assignment
You will use the link above to submit your Research Paper.
Note: Before beginning this assignment, read through information contained in the Scholastic Honesty link on the course menu to the left.
The core assignment of this course is a documented research paper (1500-2000 words in length, approx. 6-8 pages double-spaced, 12-point font).
• The paper should support a thesis statement with information gained from research or investigation.
• The paper will not be just a report presenting information but will be a paper that carefully examines and presents your own historical interpretation of the topic you have chosen and your interpretation of the information you have gathered.
• The paper may include consideration of problems and solutions, definition of key terms, or may refute arguments against your thesis statement.
It will be important to choose a topic of interest to you.
• Approach this assignment with an open and skeptical mind, then form an opinion based on what you have discovered.
• You must suspend beliefs while you are investigating and let the discoveries shape your opinion. (This is a thesis-finding approach.)
• Once you have found your thesis, write the paper to support it. You will use some of the following critical thinking skills in this process:
Order Gender Roles Assignment
1. Choosing an appropriate topic, limiting the topic. 2. Gathering information, summarizing sources. 3. Analyzing and evaluating sources. 4. Defining key terms. 5. Synthesizing information, comparing and contrasting sources. 6. Testing a thesis, making a historical argument, using refutation. 7. Amassing support for a position. 8. Documenting sources.
Because this may be a longer paper than you have written before and a complex process is involved, it is recommended that you complete this paper using the following steps:
1. Choose a topic related to chapters covered in The American Yawp, (Chapters 1-15) that you would truly like to explore and that you are willing to spend some time on. Your chosen topic should be focused. Pose a question that you really want to answer. You may want to begin with more than one topic in mind.
2. Do some preliminary reading on the topic(s). You may begin with the textbook, then further explore the information available. Refine your topic.
Summarize your topic, your interest in the topic, the questions you want to answer, and a hypothesis you want to test.
3. Gather information from a variety of sources. Use a minimum of four sources for your paper, and at least one must be a primary source.
• Primary sources are contemporary to the times under investigation. • An example of a secondary source is our textbook, though the
textbook also contains excerpts of primary sources, which you may use as a source in your paper.
4. Outline the results of your research and the plan for your paper (you are not required to submit the outline).
5. Write the final draft and be sure to include a Works Cited List, and use the correct MLA documentation style.
For some reason the absolute necessity of in text citing sources used in a research paper (on both directly quoted AND paraphrased material) either isn’t getting taught anymore or (and this one is my personal theory) it just isn’t sinking in anymore. You MUST both in text cite your sources AND provide an MLA style bibliography at the end. Failing to do either/both is a form of plagiarism, whether you mean it that way or not, and it will be treated as such so please just make sure to take care of business and in text cite those sources as you go while writing the paper, and include that MLA style references/bibliography at the end of the paper.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more