International Monetary Fund Student Help 1. The _____ was created to provide a forum for regular discussion of trade matters, and to implement a well-defined process for settling trade disputes that might arise among countries.
a. World Trade Organization
Don’t use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
International Monetary Fund
Just from $9/Page
b. International Monetary Fund
c. General Agreement on Tariff and Trade
d. World Bank
2. ______ measures the total value of all goods and services produced by a country during a year and is a measure of the extent of economic activity in a country
a. Gross domestic product
b. Net national product
c. National income
d. Gross national product
e. Balance of Finance
3. The CPI (with 2000 as the base year) for Country A was reported at 112 in 2005 and 118 in 2006. Calculate the approximate annual inflation rate for this country.
4. The international investment position of a country:
a. corresponds to the total national debt of a nation.
b. corresponds to the sum of a country’s trade deficits and surpluses over time.
c. equals the total value of foreign assets held by domestic residents.
d. equals the total value of domestic assets held by foreigners.
e. corresponds to the sum of the nation’s government budget deficits over time.
5. Which of the following rules are established by a country under a gold standard?
a. A country fixes it currency value to dollars.
b. A country establishes a currency board.
c. A country fixes its currency value to a weight of gold
d. A country fixes its currency value to a composite currency.
e. A country fixes its currency value to euros.
6. Suppose in 1915, Mexico fixed its currency at 280pesos per ounce of gold while Canada fixed its currency to C$25 per ounce of gold. As a result of the gold-currency convertibility in both countries, the peso/C$ exchange rate will be:
c. 12.20 pesos/C$.
7. The core services / activities of the International Chamber of Commerce are:
a) practical services to business;
b) working against commercial crime;
c) being an advocate for international business;
d) spreading business expertise;
e) All of the above
8. The development of increased trade imbalances and country indebtedness, together with subsequent competitive currency devaluations aiming to strengthen a country’s own exports have resulted in:
a. Increased stock prices in Japan
b. The implementation of the gold standard being in most countries of the world
c. More volatility in currency exchange rates
d. All of the above
e. None of the above
9. The spot rate is the rate at which a foreign exchange trade can be transacted:
b. After exactly 30 days
c. At any time, including the weekends
d. None of the above
10. How does a company hedge against currency risks?
a. Currency options
b. Payments brought forward
c. Forward currency contracts
d. All of the above
Continue to order
Get a quote
Proprietorship; partnership; corporationThe payback period for the Synthetic Resin project
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more