Field Interview Report Assignment Help
This assignment involves interviewing two CEO or Manager from two different industries.
The Purpose of the Assignment: To examine the ways in which different leaders persuade their employees or others to undertake new ideas.
Scott McLean claims there are six Principles of Persuasion:
4. Commitment and consistency
Which principles of Persuasion are used by the CEO or Manager? Remember in your report you MUST refer to these principles.
Write a report describing what you learned during each of your interviews. Use APA format with an introduction and a conclusion.
In the report:
(1) Summarize the key answers the interviewees gave to your questions – give an overview of each interview – one page for each interview. The summary should include the key ideas that you heard from the interviewee.
(2) Include an Appendix A and Appendix B at the end of the report. The Appendix should include the list of questions (in Italics) and the answers (in regular font).
(3) Summarize the similarities and differences between each interviewee (with regards to their persuasive approach) – 1 paragraphs;
(4) Describe what you found most interesting in terms of the persuasive techniques you learned about.
Remember to use the Field Interview Template!!!
1. Select 2 leaders (managers) from 2 different industries. The industries are: technology, food, media, automotive, government, hospitality, international trade, banking, or health.
B. 10 Questions for the Interview
Probing Questions to ask the leaders:
1. Can you give some specific examples of how you needed to persuade someone or a group regarding a project or idea? Specific times when you influenced others, including the circumstances of the situation, what you did specifically and the eventual outcome.
2. What do you do to influence others?
3. What skills have you developed that help you to persuade your employees?
4. What do you think is the most important attribute for someone to have in order to be persuasive or an influencer?
5. How do you evaluate the effectiveness of your approach?
Now, you must prepare 5 more questions that you are personally interested in asking.
You must ask the 5 (supplied) questions in the interview and create your own 5 extra questions, for a total of 10 ready to ask.
D. The Interview
At the beginning of the interview explain the purpose for the interview. Also explain our definition of persuasion. This will assist the interviewee to understand what we mean by the term “persuasion”. Here it is again: The purpose for the interview is to learn the ways that different leaders persuade individuals and their teams. Additionally, it is to learn more about the persuasion skills he/she uses and how they are used.
1 | Page
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more