Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas Research Essay
FEAR AND LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS RESEARCH ESSAY
Even though it is hidden among the chaos, madness, and drug use of the novel, there is evidence
that Hunter S. Thompson’s Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas can be read as a farewell to the
idealism of the 1960’s counterculture. What does Raoul Duke believe has died regarding the
1960’s counterculture? The answer to this question will form the basis of your thesis.
You can use the following examples as models for your thesis:
Duke believes the idealism of the 1960’s counterculture has died.
This is revealed in the novel in
the following ways: _____
The novel’s farewell to the idealism of the 1960s counterculture is evident in _____________.
Tips for writing a successful essay:
• Think of a creative title for your paper that reflects your argument.
• Make sure that your introduction is developed (at least 6-9 sentences).
• Craft a thesis that makes a specific claim about the novel (see the prompt above). Place
your thesis at the end of your introduction.
• Use transitional topic sentences to begin each of your body paragraphs. These topic
sentences should state the main idea of your paragraph and tie back to your thesis. Do not
begin paragraphs with quotations or summary.
• Try to use at least one direct quotation in each body paragraph. Introduce quotations
rather than just “dropping” them in; in other words, signal to the reader why they are
being used (e.g. “For example…” or “This is evident when…” or “By contrast…”).
• Make sure to explain each piece of evidence you include. Don’t end paragraphs with
quotations or assume the reader will simply understand what you mean.
• Remember to cite page numbers and avoid block quotes when possible.
• You must use at least five credible secondary sources in your essay. Try your best to use
sources from the Harper Library database. These sources should provide additional
evidence and/or necessary historical and cultural background context for your argument.
• Make sure that your conclusion is developed (at least 6-9 sentences) and that it does not
simply restate your thesis. Instead, use your conclusion to say something new and place
your paper in a larger context.
Essay should be written in MLA format with the following regulations:
• Your name, instructors’ names, class names, and date in the left corner of the first page
• Include your last name and the page number ½” down from the top right on every page
• Title centered
• Entire paper should be double-spaced
• No extra spacing between paragraphs
• Times New Roman 12-point font
• 1” margins around the entire text
• Works Cited on the bottom of the last page
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more