1. Why did the Mongols have such a significant role in shaping Eurasian history?
2. Can you list and explain three examples that illustrate the commercial interactions across regional and long distance trade routes?
3. What was the impact of the plague, (Black Death) on Eurasian societies?
4. Was there a social psychological dimension to how the plague was perceived by individuals and societies? What were the consequences of these perceptions?
5. What responses developed from the various religious traditions during the plague years?
6. Any relevance between the responses to mass epidemics in the 14th Century and today?
1. Describe the historical origins of Islam during the 7th Century, CE. What impressed you the most about the origins of this universal religion?
2. How did the connection between religion and merchants help spread Islam?
3. Select and describe at least two examples of interactions and connections that occurred as the world came together across regions from 600 to 1000CE.
4. During the Era of the Crusades, territorial conquests created conditions for migration, economic, and cultural interactions between Western Europe and the Eastern Mediterranean. How true is this statement, what was the significance of these interactions and what did you learn about the “Crusades”?
1. What was the relationship between Buddhism and Trade in Eurasia?
2. What is Zoroastrianism and what was its significance to the development of religions, particularly monotheistic religious traditions?
3. What can you tell me about the Silk Road as a conduit for religious expansion and development?
1. What are your impressions of the Minoan, Mycenaean, and Classical Greek (Hellenic) Worlds?
2. What are the similarities and differences between the Ancient Greek World and the other civilizations you read about for this unit?
3. What was politically and culturally distinct about the framework of the Ancient Greek world in general, and about Athenian society circa 5th Century BCE?
4. Are there lessons that can be learned about democracy from what you’ve read about the first democracy in Ancient Athens?
5. Did migration have a role in the history of civilization during the period of time covered in this unit? How did migration play a role in shaping ethnic identity?
1. How did the interaction of nomadic groups and settled people change the political and cultural landscape of Afro-Eurasia during the Second Millennium BCE?
2. How were microsocieties different and similar from territorial states?
3. What is a civilization and how was it a distinct development in the fourth millennium?
4. If all you had were the images provided in the link – Minoan Knossos — How would you characterize Mycenaean and Minoan societies? What would those images tell you about Minoan Civilization?
5. What do the Vedic Hymns in Chapter 3 tell us about the gods of ancient Vedic culture?
6. What commonalities and distinctions have you seen in the cultures you’ve read about in this chapter?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more