After doing the readings using the textbook, answer the following questions from the Case Study.
Use the rubric to do the work.
This case study will be done individually.
You must answer all the questions and deliver them within the established time.
Remember that your answers must be based on scientific evidence (eg your textbook, scientific journals, among others).
Application Work: Case Study
1. Contrast signs and symptoms with client diagnostic tests in hypothetical situations to promote quality and safe care to diverse populations. Ess. II
2. Contrast protective and predictive factors, including genetics, that influence the health of individuals and populations. Ess. 7th
3. Identify risk factors considering health / disease beliefs, values, attitudes and practices of individuals and populations. Ess. 7th
Mr. Arroyo is a 65-year-old man diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, hyperparathyroidism, and normochromic macrocytic anemia. The patient reports that he has not been able to get out of bed for 2 days, feels weak, fatigued, has tachycardia, poor skin turgor and muscle pain. He has had a severe cold and has been unable to eat or drink during this time. On admission his lab values reflected the following:
1. Serum glucose 310 mg/dl
2. Serum sodium (Na ) 150 mEq/l
3. Serum potassium (K ) 5.8 mEq/l
4. Calcium 12mg/dl
5. Phosphorus 2.5 mg/dl
6. Hgb 9g/dL
7. MCV 105 fL
8. Arterial blood gases ABG, pH 7.2, PaCO2 32 mmHg, PaO2 70 mmHg, HCO3- 20 mEq/l
1. What type of water and solute imbalance does Mr. Arroyo have?
2. What conditions does the patient have?
3. What symptoms do you expect to find?
4. What questions would you ask the patient to validate your findings?
5. What would be the appropriate treatment?
6. What do his ABG results indicate?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more