BBA223 Service Management Assignment
Academic Year 2019-2020
BBA223-ONL01457 SERVICE management
For this Final Assignment, worth 60% of the final mark, the student must carry out the following work:
For the purposes of this assignment, you will develop your own Individual Service Design Project!
1. Please explain in detail the service concept (purpose of the service; please define target market and customer experience) and service specifications (performance specifications design specifications delivery specifications);
Word count: 400 words
2. Please create the service blueprint and customer journey map for your chosen service design.
A service blueprint is a diagram that visualizes the relationships between different service components — people, props (physical or digital evidence), and processes — that are directly tied to touchpoints in a specific customer journey. Nielsen Norman Group, week 4 Article
The customer’s journey is the process buyers go through to become aware of, consider and evaluate, and decide to purchase a new product or service. This includes all the different touchpoints customers use to interact with a product / service. (week 5 slides)
A customer journey map is a diagram or several diagrams that depict the stages customers go through when interacting with a company (week 5 sldes).
3. Please discuss the available media channels you utilise to create meaningful touchpoints with your targetted customers throughout their journey and explain in their significance in the service experience you design for them (400 words).
4. Please summarize the strategic importance of your Service Design in gaining competitive advantage. What types of service encounters are most prevalent in your service design? (400 words).
Structure of the Assignment
1. Cover page: The first page must contain the full name of the student, the logo of the school as well as the name of the course and the name of the professor.
1. Main answers clearly numbered and,
· Use sub-headings as you see fit.
· Use figures, tables, etc. as you see fit.
1. Bibliography: You should use the Harvard Referencing System .
1. Appendix (if needed)
Credit will be given for evidence of:
• Library/Internet based research. Try to use a mixture of resources – books, articles as well as the internet.
• Understanding of the issues raised by the question.
• Concise and clear presentation. Acknowledge any quotes, ideas or arguments that are not your own using the Harvard system. Include a list of references.
• Originality and a critical and questioning approach. It is important to be objective and to support statements with evidence.
• A logical structure and well-argued conclusion
Marking weight: 60%
The work must be uploaded on the appropriate Turnitin folder created by the course Faculty Member on Moodle.
The title of the student’s submitted file should contain the following information:
– Name of this course
– Name of the Faculty Member / Teacher
– Student’s full Name
– Student ID number
– Title of this assignment (Mid-Term / Final)
The time-frame for this assignment is:
Release Date: as of 5th Week
Submission Deadline: September 17 at 2.00pm CEST
The assignment must be submitted (uploaded into Turnitin) to the link provided by the course Faculty Member and indicated on the Moodle page of this course.
(Grading matrix/rubric next page)
Marginal fail 60-69
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more